* Take an ordinary compass! Use for maps & sense of direction in subway stations
* GPS is a MUST but no substitute for a compass. Batteries will die, then you are on your own
* Park- Chinatown- $18 (12 hrs) MTP Chrystie Corp, 89 Chrystie St. NY, NY 10002 (212)431-7778
* Park- Ground Zero $35 (12 hrs) Barclay Realty, 18 Vesey St. NY, NY 10002 (212)227-9011
* http://www.casabellarestaurant.com The Pollo Rosso Bianco is excellent!
* New Star Cafe (Chinese buffet) 552 7th Ave, NY, NY 10018
* Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island- Peaceful drive & lots of parking at New Jersey Liberty State Park
* Arrive at Ellis Island EARLY! There is SO MUCH to see and time WILL FLY!
* Get a Metro card in any subway station then load it with plenty of $$$
* Kids under 44 inches ride free on subway & buses
* Buy or print your own Subway map and study it!
* Go to Empire State Building 2 hours before sunset for day & night views
* I racked up 2,165 miles from Huntsville, AL to NYC & back through Wash. DC